Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thanks, Guys



I just came across this picture as I was deleting pictures off of my camera. It took me a second to realize what this picture was. Chase had my camera for a minute when Grandma and Grandpa were here and helped himself to taking some pictures. Grandpa had reached in his pocket to get some spare change to add to Chase's mission jar. Grandpa has made it a habit of doing this everytime they are here. Even the time when Grandpa was pinching his pennies, literally, to buy his car. Even then, he managed to part with some dearly beloved coinage.

So, this is a shout out to all of the big boys in Chase's life; his dad, his Grandpa, his uncles, his cousins and friends and church leaders who have ever loved him and set an example for him. We realize that your influence has a great deal to do with how wonderful we think he is! Thank you for helping him to want to serve a mission, even as an innocent 5-year old. Thank you for making him feel so loved and important. We think he has some pretty great men in his life.

Now, if he becomes a Harley-riding bald man weilding a PHD, a tool belt and a great sense of humor, well, maybe then we will know that he took your influences a little bit too far.

Until then, thank you for all you do!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow... I think that's more cash than Dad gave me when I graduated from college! :) How generous of him to part with his hard earned quarters!

Chase is such a good kid.. he'll make one heck of a missionary at the rate he's going.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I LOVE that picture of Grandpa's hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should be framed. Also, as I read this I remembered that map we had with tacks in it with all the places our family had served a mission. You might enjoy doing one of those for Chase. We called it "Our Missionary Family". Chase is a good kid and you are a great mother. I am glad you are teaching him to prepare for a mission.

Danielle said...

I completely forgot about that map! I love that map! Where did that go, by the way?

Birgitta said...

I LOVE that picture of Glenn's hands too! It's a good one...it should be framed and placed next to his mission jar!

Chase is one special boy. He does have many good examples in his family. Nice post Danielle.

Hey, I EVEN remember the missionary map that use to hang in the hall downstairs!