Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not As It Seems

Last week was our RS Enrichment Birthday Party. We played some getting to know you games and had great food and a great time. Our theme was purses. We had our purses weighed as a game and some great mini talks on the bags that we carry as women and mothers. This purse was featured on a table in the corner. I thought it was a purse.

It was our birthday cake! Isn't that incredible?! A sister in our ward, Becky Mendoza, made this cake for our celebration. All I can say is, WOW! The sad thing is is that we ate this cake! I guess you have to eat it sometime, I mean, it is a cake. But, it was a little sad to see her cut into this work of art!
Can I just tell you how much I love the women in this ward; how much I love this ward, period. We have great people in our ward, good people who know how to take care of each other, lift each other and play with each other. The Lord was really looking out for us when he prompted us to plop ourselves here 5 1/2years ago!

4 comments:

Birgitta said...

That cake is amazing! I wish I had such talent. Although, I'm with you, it would be hard to cut into such a beautiful thing.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Beautiful cake. How are things going? Glad you have a good ward.

Kimberly said...

That's the coolest cake ever. It is sad to cut into something so cool looking. At least you got a picture!

Lea Ann said...

That is a great theme for an enrichment. It makes a world of difference being in a ward you love. I loved mine until they made me a den mother. Just kidding.