Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Milestones and Heartstrings

I know, I know. That dramatic title is really in keeping with my personality, isn't it?

Most people make posts and take pictures of and journal big moments when they happen to their children. I, being the drama queen that I am, have to make posts and take pictures of events that are GOING to happen. Sheesh.

Monday, I registered Chase for Kindergarten. Gulp. I am not sure how we got here because I was just changing his diapers a few weeks ago. For those of you questioning that last statement, Chase is has been fully potty trained for almost three years...drama queen, remember. Of course, I had to take a picture. I should have taken a picture of my face instead. Chase was as proud and as excited as he could be. Me, on the other hand... I looked as if I was scheduled for a date with the electric chair.




After registration, I took Chase to get his soccor uniform. Another gulp. You have to be 5 by July to be able to participate. I have been able to hold that over Chase and keep him a little unable-to-play-soccor kid for at least two years. I lost my battle with his fountain of youth and had to sign him up and outfit him for soccor. Pretty dramatic day, as far as drama queens are concerned.



I have realized that I have forgotten to post my fun weekend and week last week. My parents went on a much overdue vacation to St. George with some friends. They spent the night with us last weekend, then left us with my little brother Clark and my little sister Kimberly and her 8-month old baby Baylee. Good times! Kimberly and I crafted our hands off, getting her started with being able to decorate her house for every season...one of my passions, if you didn't know.

Sorry for the lengthy, overly dramatic post. Chase is being a little pickle today. All of a sudden I am ready for kindergarten.



Baylee and Gpa. Are they related, or what?


Gma and Gpa with Chaserbeans. Chase rolled
lint off of Gpa's suit. A treat for all.


Kimberly's loot. I never took a picture of her crafting.
I guess that's what happens when you get
upstaged by your adorable offspring.


Saying good-bye to Clark as we passed them off
to the Provo people. Chase is sad, Clark is not.
What are you trying to say, Clark?
Thanks for some good time, family!!

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Fun times. I know how you feel about just changing Chase's diapers. You were just born. What are you doing with a 5 year old? A house, a hubby, and playing the big sister to my babies?

Heather said...

Ok so I'm WAY behind in blogging.

first of all.. holy cow that's right!! Chase is going into Kindergarten! That's insane. and He looks adorable in his soccer uniform! What a sweet boy.

second.. that straw trick is HISTERICAL.. I couldn't believe that. How on earth did they figure that out? Their laughs are very contagious.

third.. another holy cow.. didn't know you were doing that to your dining room! I think it looks awesome. And your house wouldn't look messy even if Kimberly came over!! :) (kidding Kim.. yours is a mess worth having.. remember, we're learning to laugh at ourselves)

I think that's it. Did you get your Stampin Up stuff yesterday? I got home and surprise surprise it was sitting on my doorstep! I didn't even get the shipment email until last night, after the package had already come! And boy oh boy a fun package I got too.

Anyhoo.. fun posts, you are a good writer Danielle!

Danielle said...

First of all, Thanks, Hobber, for the compliments. I really do enjoy blogging.
Second of all, YUP, I got the Stampin' Up box yesterday! That is a little fast, isn't it? Jeff cutely came down and presented it to me as if he was bringing me a Christmas present...not too far from it, I might add!