Saturday, March 21, 2009

And speaking of dining rooms, here is an update for those of you that have inquired.
I should wait until everything is done...for a grand unveiling. But, I can't imagine that my dining room has the ability to make you all sit on pins and needles. AND, at the rate we go...who knows when we will finish!

We used to have a china hutch, antique sideboard and a computer desk all in this room called a dining room/computer room/entry way/etc. The room never seemed to make sense. It was one of the victims of a hurried move-in with a brand new baby, brand new house, throw everything in and deal with it later...much, much later. So, we sold the china hutch, donated the computer desk, moved the sideboard downstairs and ended up with a blank funny looking room. Here is what is looks like now...


The view from the family room




View from the front door



View from the living room



It is definitely a work in progress. Jeff got all of the molding on the bottom and the top molding on the family room side done today. We just need the molding on the dining room side, a massive and beautiful something or other on the now naked wall and red paint. Someday it will all be done!
I have to admit that this room was a little bit of a source of stress for me. Jeff and I discussed plans for this room last year and apparently don't win any awards for great communication skills. We ended up with completely different ideas about the way the room was going to go. When I walked in the house one day and found huge cabinets sitting in the middle of the room, I choked on my spit a little and had to do a double take. After two weeks of these in my house now, with a little rearranging, and a lot of trust in Jeff, it has now grown on me. Yes, I have swallowed my pride. It was the spit aforementioned. And yes, I have patted Jeff on the back and told him job well done.
And for those of you who click on pictures to enlargen them to see details, please excuse the mess in the background. Yes, Saturday is a special day. Apparently it's not a special enough day for me to clean house.

3 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Wow! B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is beautiful. Are you liking it yet?

Birgitta said...

That laugh of the kids is contagious!

And what? What? Cabinets? Who knew, not me! Looks beautiful. But you know, everything Jeff makes is gorgeous!