Monday, April 13, 2009

Why Parents Go Insane

Chase, where are your shoes?

I don't know.



How could you lose them? You were just wearing them.

I don't know.


Where did you just barely go?

I don't remember.


Chase we need to find your shoes. Go find them.

I can't. They're lost. I have no idea where they are.


So, we choose a different pair of shoes to get us out the door. Within minutes, they are "lost" as well and we are having this conversation ALL OVER again.



Jump ahead to a new conversation.

Chase, where this that tiny thing-a-ma-bob that came with your drum set to help tune the drums that I am sure you have never seen before at least not since Christmas at Grandma's house and why am I even asking you because there is no way that you would even begin to know what a drum tuning key would look like but I have exhausted all of my other tricks on where to find it so I might as well ask you since you are the only person other than Jeff who is not here yet that might have a tiny inkling of an idea where it could be but no let's be honest I think I'll just ask you to prove my point that unless it's attached to your body it's "lost" forever. Huh?

It's in the cupboard where the battery box is, Mom.



Smack. Smack. Smack. Those are not the sounds of kisses on that cute, irresistible face. That is the sound of my head banging against that cupboard where the battery box is...where I found the drum tuning key.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Danielle - you are hilarious. And that middle paragraph is perhaps the longest sentence ever known to man. So, so funny.

Lea Ann said...

I can't be sure but I think this trait is more common with boys. My head feels your pain and I am sure shares the bruises. Love you.o

Birgitta said...

Laugh Laugh Laugh! I love all of Chase's facial expressions!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That story is hilarious, because even with a 2 year old we have had many of those conversations.

Heather said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears.. here, alone in my kitchen. That is so funny. You need to frame that one.

so funny.

Kathy’s Korner said...

OK, you are one of the funniest people on the planet. Don't EVER underestimate the ability of youth to drive you crazy!!!!!! Kids, what a joy!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Those pics of Chase are priceless, by the way!

Danielle said...

Those pictures are of a completely different event actually. He came out of the bath and brushed his teeth and "did" his hair. I loved his hair so much I had to take a picture. He was being such a goofball with his faces! He has since been buzzed.

Kimberly said...

I was just about to comment on that hair!! It's great. His facial expressions are pretty classic. He's such a ham!