Friday, April 24, 2009

Where Do They Get This Stuff?!

This morning, Chase and I went to Jeff's shop to run an errand. Chase was in a sweet and chipper mood. He was being a little cheesy with his amorous comments while looking out at the green stuff and smelling the rain and admiring the cows. I started a conversation with him about the Creation. I reminded him that Jesus helped build this beautiful earth. Chase inhaled, looked around with big eyes and said, very breathy,

"HOW did he come down from the sky and do ALL that work?"

"Well, that is a question you will have to ask when you go to heaven."

"No, Mom, you have to ask Him."

"Why can't you ask Him?"

"You will have to talk to Him; I am just going to hug Him."

That caught me off guard. That was so much sweeter than what I was gearing up to hear. I thought for sure he was going to remind me that I am older than dirt and will for sure be in heaven a long time before he is. Ah, out of the mouth of babes!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, that was heart-melting! What a sweet thing to think...and say.

Kristi said...

He is so sweet! I like his photo on your blog header- what a handsome boy!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That brings a tear to my eye! How sweat!