Saturday, May 29, 2010

In Memoriam...Timmy the Caterpiller

Timmy

Born: undetermined Died: undetermined
Short-term resident of Chase's porch

Timmy was a black and orange caterpillar. He was found by Chase.
Chase built him a home with a lasagna pan, some grass and dirt, and a custom bed. It only took a couple of escape attempts before Timmy was content to live in his pan.

Timmy was a good caterpillar, and a good pet. He did not make a single mess in Chase's house. He did not leave any "gifts" on Chase's front yard. He was incredibly inexpensive to feed, dining on leaves from Chase's tree, they think. He provided Chase and other neighbor kids with many wonderful minutes of oohing and aahing, staring, and poking.




Timmy, in his fluffy prime



Timmy's aluminum home




Timmy was survived by what Chase and the other kids thought was a baby caterpillar found in Timmy's home. Turns out it was just an emaciated Timmy. He had shrunk to less than half his normal size. If it weren't so sad, it would be very funny.




Farewell, Timmy. Rest in...pieces.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's hilarious! I mean I'm sorry for your loss, but how cute.

I haven't checked blogs in a really long time! the babies are asleep for a minute and I thought I'd catch up a little. I have been wanting to call you for a while too and then you called this morning! Still need to catch up. Hope you guys are doing well.. think of you all the time.

Loves!
H

Kristi said...

That is one deluxe caterpillar pad! Timmy sounds like one LOVED guy. Laughing and crying are sometimes so close that you can't tell which one you are doing. I must have been crying about the shrunken Timmy because I wouldn't laugh at something so sad. Would I?