Tuesday, June 1, 2010

When Will They LEARN!!

I think that it is very safe to say that this will be the most beautiful picture that you will see all day.





There. Hope it MAKES your day.


Let me explain.


The picture doesn't completely show that I have three, perfectly spaced burns on the inside of both my lower, and upper lips. What would be your guess as to how I ended up with such perfect imperfections on my face?




A fork.


'Cause I have brain damage.


On Sunday, we had a hankerin' for some S'Mores. Being the Sabbath and all, we "toasted" our marshmallows in a more conservative manner. On forks...over a gas burner. Worked like a charm.


We know now why they make the end of marshmallow toasting sticks look so unappealing. You try and resist the urge to suck the ooey, gooey, marshmallow-y goodness, dripping off the end of a fork.


Can't do it.


I grimaced through the electric shock of the searing tines on my lips. I made not even a peep. Just kept right on eating my ghetto S'More.


What makes this story even more painfully funny? Not even three minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I see Jeff jump out of his seat and grab his glass of ice water.


Told ya.


Can't resist the fork.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! I am sorry about the burns, but I loved the story!

Kathy’s Korner said...

OUCH!!!!! That is right! When will they ever learn?

Birgitta said...

OH OUCH! That is pretty funny though!

Heather said...

HaHa!! sorry.. that probably killed. You and your black marshmallows!

Sounds like fun though!