Sunday, May 23, 2010

Honesty

C: What color are Pinky's eyes? (stuffed animal from my own childhood)

M: Well, they are mostly brown, I think. They are kind of brown and kind of green.

C: What color are my eyes?

M: A BEAUTIFUL brown. I love your big brown eyes. What color are my eyes?

C: Well, they are mostly green, a little bit of brown, and a lot of red.

M: (spoken while sliding off bed into prayer position) They are red because I am so tired. I am so tired that I am done being a mommy for tonight.

C: (spoken through a groggy yawn) Yeah. I'm too tired to be Chase anymore tonight, too. Good night, Mommy. Love you. See you in the morning.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's nice that you get tired at the same time and speak the same language!! Too funny.

Birgitta said...

I'm a little late on this post! I'm with Chase, I get tired of being me at night too! :0) cute boy!