Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When I Grow Up...

I want to be a six year old.

Seriously.

If you want an amazingly humorous and insightful outlook on life, really listen to a person that is six. They have life figured out. They are not trying to impress anyone. They just say it like it is.

Here are a few philosophies I have had the privilege of learning while observing the brilliantly adorable boy of six years who resides in my home;

*ON HEALTHY EATING

(after inquiring about why people have heart attacks)

"Well, I WAS planning on growing up and eating lots and lots of candy bars. But now? No Way!!"

*ON PERSPECTIVE

(after wiping his tears while dealing with a bedtime tummy ache)

"Well, I would much rather have a stomach ache than be dead."

*ON DIETARY RESTRICTIONS

(after scrunching his nose at the sight of mom's soup that looked less than appetizing to a kid with an upset tummy)

"I'm pretty sure that this stuff is not on the menu for sickies."

*ON FAIRNESS

(after his mommy punched his daddy while spotting a slug bug, mommy turned around punched the six year old. The six year old asks why mommy felt it was fair to punch two people with one bug. Mommy confesses she didn't want her bub in the back seat to feel left out.)

"It's okay, Mom. I want to be left out."

*ON HONESTY

(after being reminded to pay 20 cents tithing on the two dollars he has just earned)

"Uh, I don't even have 20 cents. I don't have any cents at all."

Okay...so that last one is not funny IN context. But, it sure is funny to hear someone say that they have no "sense".

Or at least I thought so.




If you want to have a good day today, act like a six-year old.

Come on.

I dare ya!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

My what a perspective. Too funny!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Kids say the darndest things! These are funny! I love that picture of Chase, that kid never changes, you had better mark how old he is in his pictures, because in a few years you will not be able to tell.

Leslie said...

Your child seriously says the funniest things--send him over my way!

Birgitta said...

funny post! hey definitely is a ham!