Monday, March 8, 2010

IQ Test

I am only slightly more dramatic than I am overprotective. This afternoon, I was a little curious about a new habit that I have seen with Chase as he reads. So, I had him go down the hall, while I remained in the kitchen. From this long distance, I had him tell me how many fingers I was holding up. After a few rounds, I was more than satisfied with what I saw.

Chase came sauntering very somberly back down the hall. As he approached me, he asked, very seriously, and quite concerned,

"Mom, were you checking to see if I still have a brain?"

I felt so bad for his seriousness that I reassured him first, and snorted second. Those dang video games.



Chase snapped out of his funk pretty quickly, though. He got me pretty good with chunk of sarcasm later.

After dinner, I shredded the remainder of the chicken and asked, almost rhetorically, what could I do with all of this leftover chicken.

Not skipping a beat, Chase said through his Jack-O-Lantern grin,

"I don't know. Make a craft with it?"

Apparently, my crafting blitz for the past few days has not gone unnoticed.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Laughter is good medicine! Thanks for a good laugh!

Leslie said...

Chase is so funny! I love reading all the funny things he says.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love that!!! Out of the mouth of babes?!? I love to craft too...hopefully soon!?!

Birgitta said...

He learns it from you! Brain rot...it's a real problem here too! Can't wait to craft - I'm not sure I want chicken on my candlesticks though.

Heather said...

make a craft with it.... that's hysterical!