Sunday, November 30, 2008

So, uh, what are you trying to say?

After our Sunday dinner tonight, we hopped in the car and drove around our neighborhood and neighboring streets to look at all of the newly flipped on Christmas lights. As we were concluding our drive, we had a very hilarious conversation with Chase. It goes as follows:

Mom: Look at the Freemans, Chase! They have a lot of lights up this year. Kim got her husband to put up their lights!

Chase: Oh, Mom! She is so lucky! You are not that lucky, Mom.

Mom and Dad: Giggle, giggle, giggle

Mom: Oooooh, Chase! Look at the Poulsons! That is so pretty!

Chase: They went crazy with the lights! Does she have a husband?

Dad: So, what are you trying to say, Chase?

Mom: BAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!!!!!! Hohoho, heeheeeheeeeee!

Even after all of the guff my husband took from a percosious 4-soon-to-be-5-year-old, I am betting that I still won't get lights put up this year! It's okay, really. Jeff made us our own full-fledged, decked-out, no-trimming-spared belated Thanksgiving dinner today. He did this ALL by himself, while I napped and went to choir practice. So, I may not have lights outside, but I got my weeks worth of turkey leftover that I wanted, without having to lift a finger. It's all about the compromise!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha - very funny! And so impressed about Jeff's efforts with dinner. Give lots of hints to Brian.

oh, and thanks for your nice comment about choir pianists - not true, but very sweet.

Kimberly said...

It never quits! Jeff is quite the chef! Curtis laughed when I asked if we should put pu Christmas lights! So I don't think we'll get any up?!? We'll see!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

He is a crack up! That is awesome that Jeff made Thanksgiving dinner for you yesterday! I wish I could have Thanksgiving dinner for a week without halfing to cook it myself! :)

Jeremy said...

p.s. apparently I'm signed in as Jeremy. Although I did use his word... halfing.

Heather said...

mmm.. I look forward to being with Chef Jeff for Christmas.. I'm think we need to have some sort of pork and rice for Christmas dinner.. what say you?? I just can't eat that many potatoes!

Chase is a clever, funny kid. I quite like him.. even though he thinks a hug from me is 'discusting'. :)

Sarah Rowley said...

I am not even going to wait for Chad this year. I am seriously considering hiring a couple single adults in our ward to do the lights this year! Is that too lame? Starving students need help too! We'll see...
You are so lucky to be married to a great cook!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Counting the glass half full with the chef instead of half empty with no lights is a wise thing to do!!!!!
Take tip from us and put them only as high as you can reach with your feet firmly planted on the ground! Hehehehe

Kristi said...

My favorite, "You are not that lucky, Mom." That is so funny! Thanksgiving dinner with ALL the trimmings sounds like a pretty good trade off for no lights!

Lea Ann said...

I walked outside tonight and saw my neighbor putting his up. I asked if he could do ours. He laughed. I wasn't kidding.

Danielle said...

Yup. I have asked the neighbors as well. You know it is a hopeless situation when your husband talks about hiring others to do it for him. Oh, well...in the meantime, I will take my mom's sound advice!

Birgitta said...

Ok...I called Heather because she is a Pyzam expert (I only use Cutest Blogs). She says all you need to do is go to "customize", and then to "pick new template." She said just find a new template, but I know with Cutest blogs you are suppose to use one of the "MINIMAs" I hope that works!