Monday, November 3, 2008

BYU Blues



Jeff had one of his employees cut this out on the CC at his shop. We painted it and hung it in our sports room downstairs. I am not sure we didn't curse the Cougars. The day we hung it, BYU lost their first game to TCU...horribly. Pride cometh before the fall, right?

We sure have a lot of fun being BYU Cougar fans smack-dab in the middle of Aggieland. A few years ago, the USU Aggies mascot, Big Blue lived across the street from us. Talk about some good natured ribbing. I take a lot of heat for having my degree from USU and not remaining loyal. Sorry, the blood in my veins is just a little bit of a different shade of blue! I was a Cougar first and will remain a Cougar. Don't get me wrong, we are not anti-Aggie. We will cheer for the Aggies to do well...just not if they are playing BYU. I am not a closet Cougar fan. I display a Y proudly on my van, I wear my BYU t-shirt on game day, we huddle around our computer to watch the BYU games (thanks a lot for that one, "The Mountain"!!!), we stop and congratulate members of our community brave enough to venture into stores wearing BYU garb. But I think I took my loyalty a little too far on Halloween. We stopped to trick or treat at a member of our ward's house as he and his son were heading to an Aggie game, decked out in Aggie appearal. I burst out..."That's the scariest costume I've seen all night!" I completely shocked these poor Aggie fans! Chase and I were nearly abandoned by our entire trick or treating posse. Have they not seen my "Y"? Have I not made my loyalties clear? Oh, well. Go, Gougars!

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is so funny. Great Post. go cougs!

Heather said...

Rise and Shout!! Goooooooooo Cougars!!

Birgitta said...

Ha Ha...move to Provo, we are surrounded by cougar fans. I can't wait to see the cougar room.

Kristi said...

You are so funny! I love your comment to your ward member. We shouldn't forget that "fan" is just short for "fanatic!"