Friday, October 31, 2008

Color Me Orange



Happy Halloween everyone! Here is a picture of Chase in his costume. This is my once a year attempt at being Holly Homemaker...my once a year dusting off of the sewing machine. Thank goodness it is only once a year! It pushes my abilities and talents to the limits! This costume was Chase's idea, of course. As soon as we came in from trick or treating last year as a homemade red twinpop popcicle, Chase announced that he wanted to be a crayon for next year. I have been planning how to do it ever since. The original plan for Chase to be yellow. However, on a visit to Moses Lake, Chase and Grandma brought home orange traffic cones from the dollar store. The idea light bulb went off over my head, and the orange crayon costume was born. Go, Grandma!! Chase is very clever when it comes to costumes. I am really afraid for his next idea! I think I may need to learn to sew...for real!
We had a blast trick or treating tonight. The weather was unbelievable! After 2 and a half hours, we called Daddy (who was home passing out candy) and he came to pick us up on the 4-wheeler. Jeff really knows how to play, eh?
Chase in our leaf pile before trick or treating

7 comments:

Birgitta said...

I just love adorable cute Chase. How did you make the costume? It's awesome! Did you buy a pattern or did you wing it? What did you where? Costumes are fun!

Danielle said...

The crayon is just from a square piece of felt that I sewed into a tube, cut holes for the arms, and decorated in black felt pieces. It was easy I suppose, but still scary 'cause it's me we're talking about!
I didn't dress up this year. I was going to go as my old stand by, static cling, but I didn't even get to that this year. I feel like we have had a marathon Halloween this year!

Sarah Rowley said...

Chase looks great! See how creative and talented you are! I don't even OWN a sewing machine so that's sad I am.

Heather said...

Awesome Danielle! It looks so great! I can't believe you made that yourself. Well, I can, but you know what I mean.. WAY to go!

He looks so great!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I am so impressed with that orange
crayon and so is Cynthia!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Keep on posting and I will keep on reading!

Kristi said...

I love Chase's ideas! He's such a fun little boy. I'm right there with you on the once a year sewing adventure! Great job!