Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More on the Mission Front

We have been really proud of Chase and his comprehension of sharing all things gospel, being a good missionary. He planned a fun FHE on Monday, inviting our non-members friends across the street. The Demlers, Cameron and Chavonne, and three kids, Chloe, Caleigh and Casey, were very fun to host. We carved pumpkins, ate orange popcorn balls and drank Swamp Juice (thanks My Girls Kitchen for the recipe!) And to note, to carve pumpkins with Jeff in his garage/woodshop means carving with power tools! Thanks for a fun night, Demler Family!Here are some pictures:
Chase and buddy Casey

Everyone hard at work, seriously...look at their faces!

Popcorn balls and Swamp Juice



Chloe with a saw, Cameron and Caleigh with a drill. Go Jeff!

Pumpkin Heads, modeling their work!

8 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

Power tools? That is more like it!! Looks like you had lots of fun! You would have choked if you saw the puny thing I had to use to carve our pumpkin. Oh well. It is so good to see what your family is up to!

Heather said...

Only the petersons would use power tools to carve pumpkins.. I guess I should say, only the peterson's are SMART enough to use power tools. That is hillarious!

Looks like fun.. we didn't get pumpkins carved this year.. surprise surprise.

Kimberly said...

I'll have to show this to Curtis! Maybe that'll get him excited at the thought of carving pumpkins... We're kind of halloween scrooges. Someday we'll get into it. maybe?!?

Danielle said...

I think Jeff is about as much of a Halloween Scrooge as anyone can be. We literally get away with the bare minimum at our house. My house is decked out in Autumn decorations, not Halloween decorations. But, give a man power tools and pumpkin carving becomes exciting and the carving begins!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That brings pumpkin carving to a new level! Love the Pics.!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I love the look on Jeff's face.

Heather said...

Oh and by the way.. for someone who would "NEVER" have a blog.. you sure to keep it coming! :)

I love it and I'm glad you do.. I just sayin! :)

Danielle said...

well, Heather, you might say that I am a bit of an exhibitionist, nay, a show off. Not really! I just have that blue personality that really likes to share...everything! And now that I have my own blog, I feel a little nicer about everyone reading in, as opposed to making everyone sit through my blogs on the family page. Comprende? ;)