Monday, October 27, 2008

An Amazing Look Into the Future


You ever wish that you could look into a crystal ball? That is how I feel when I look at this picture. Chase was asked to play the part of a missionary in sharing time yesterday. The lesson was on serving others. There was a policeman, a doctor, a teacher, an army officer, a mom, and then Chase, a missionary. He took the honor very seriously and was incredibly adorable in front of the primary. The fun thing about Sunday was that it was also the Primary program in Sacrament meeting. He looked fabulous in the suit coat while speaking his part. His heart didn't even freak out! And you can definitely tell that he is my boy...he sings with great gusto, loud enough to be heard over all of the other kids. Hmmm. Cute for now, right? Many of our ward members had great things to say about him.


They say to think it the way you want it (yeah, I know...who's they?!). For now, we will hang this picture up in his room, next to his missionary savings jar, as a reference for this great goal to become a great missionary!


PS If you get a chance to set this picture a little more closely, you will notice that the name tag says "Hermana Perrins". We couldn't find one of Jeff's old tags!

8 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

From super hero to super missionary, not that big of a leap. Congrats Chase for a super performance! Love ya, grandma!

Kimberly said...

Wow! I just got released from teaching his exact class in Primary. It's an interest group. I went from Amberly and Ethan's age to Chase's. I forgot that reading from the scriptures wasn't an option... that was an adjustment. He'd definitely be the BEST in my class. Oh, by the way my new calling (In case you were wondering) is 2nd counselor in the Primary presidency... I don't know ANYTHING about cub scouts... YIKES!

Becky Hansen said...

He is a handsome young man!

Heather said...

Super handsome!! I can never say enough what a special boy he is. And that is REALLY cool that you keep a missionary savings jar. I don't think I knew that. What a great example to Beans.

Birgitta said...

He is adorable. How many times can I say it? And yes...I clicked on the picture before I read the blog and saw the Hermana Perrins! That's great!

Danielle said...

Yeah, no one said a word about the name tag on Sunday. Maybe they all thought that it means Elder Peterson in Slavakian or something.

Danielle said...

We started a missionary jar for him a couple of years ago after mom retold the story of Clark Waddups to us. I have been told that to make a missionary takes almost a daily effort and daily reminder. Our missionary jar is one of those ways that helps us.

Kristi said...

He's so handsome. I love that he sings super loud. I wish I could have seen and heard him!