Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Speak Up, Sonny

I really think I have a hearing problem.
 
Seriously.
 
I find myself cocking my head to one side when I am really trying to hear something.  I have to turn the TV up to an obnoxious level to not miss a word.  But most sadly, I cannot hear my 8 year old.
 
Sigh.
 
His voice is at frequency level I just cannot pick up.  If there even is such a thing.  That child talks, and I hear
 
"whawha  wha whawhawha whawha"
 
So sad.
 
 
"Mom, can I have a cookie?"
 
I hear,  "Mom, please dance with the Wookie"
 
"I can't find my shoe"
 
I hear, " You're standing in goo"
 
You get the idea.
 
I finally had to explain to my favorite son, if you want me to hear you, you gotta come and talk right to my face. 
 
He suggested I go get my hearing checked.
 
That night, we were downstairs watching our weekend's worth of college football games when Jeff ran upstairs to refill his water cup.  I turned and hollered past Chase, asking Jeff since he was upstairs, would he grab me a drink, please.
 
Chase, dramatically rubbed his ear, and said, seriously,
 
"Well, at least you have no problem talking."
 
Thanks for your heart-felt concern, Bub. 

3 comments:

cassie said...

ha ha! Love it! I think we all have those moments of what did you say?

sourabh gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sourabh gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.