Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Driving Momma

It's migraine time again. I seem to have about two weeks on...three or four weeks off. It's getting old. It hurts. It's a serious pain in the...well, head.

The other day, Chase came home from school only to be slightly disappointed, again, to find his otherwise fun Mom curled up in a headache ball. After trying to "sleep" it off for about an hour or so, I was finally able to drag my carcass out of bed so Chase and I could run the errand we were waiting to run.

As we were backing out of the garage, I found myself apologizing to my sweet little boy that weathers my incapacitation pretty well. Mixed in the middle of my apologies was some lovely whining;

"...and I am just really sorry, Buddy. I just can't seem to kick this one. It really hurts."

My sweet little seven-year old pipes up from the back seat,

"Do you need me to drive, Mom?"