Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just Keep Talking

I just wanted to blog a little tribute to my favorite little seven year old, before moving on with the rest of my blogging.

Can I just tell you how amazing I think this boy is? He makes my day. He makes my whole world. I think he is one of the funniest, sweetest, most amazing seven year old. I love him. A lot.

I love it when this boy talks. Most of the time. There are times when I think my ears might bleed from all of the talking that this child can produce. But most of the time, I love it. There are times when I think, "just keep talking". I love some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

He amazes me with how quickly he learns. Reading, math, piano, science...he loves to learn. When I compliment him on a job well done, he casually comments, "It's cuz it was 'pie' " as in "as easy as". He has been known to bill himself as a "genius". Confidence is good...right?

He loves big words (I have noooo clue where he would get that from!). He has a knack for making up his own words. Not silly, nonsense words. Words that seem to make complete sense...in their own made up way. The other day, he picked up my fingernail file and tried filing his nails. He exclaimed, "How can you do this to your nails? It gives my whole body the frizzles!" I found myself using the word "frizzles" while telling my husband a story the other day. Works for me.

He makes holidays and special days even more fun. He takes traditions very seriously. He loves to have fun and fun things to look forward to. He is all about having fun.

He doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up. He has heard me say so many times that he can grow up to be anything he wants to be that he is leaving his options wide open. He changes his mind every week. I just listen with an open mind...making sure to give extra excitement to the "better" ideas that he offers{wink}{wink} We had an extended conversation about being an astronaut. Our chat about driving garbage trucks flew by rather quickly.

He gets concerned when he thinks a child doesn't have anything to eat at school. He feels really bad when he thinks of a child going hungry. Food is everything to this kid. He is growing so fast that it takes a whole lotta fuel to keep him going. He planned FHE on Monday, right down to the request for homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert. When he tore into his first hot roll, he deliriously said, "Oh, my gosh. I think I'm going to faint". You're welcome, buddy.

He keeps a Book of Mormon tucked in his bed. He reads it every night. He has been asking us some pretty deep questions lately. He loves the gospel, yet holds on to the idea that three hours of church is a little lengthy for a growing boy who doesn't like to sit still.


He is a pretty fabulous kid. I am biased, I guess.

You can't blame me, right?

3 comments:

Mel said...

Dude, seriously, I have four boys of my own but I can confidently say that Chase is something special. What a neat (and funny) (and smart) boy. Love him! Although not half as much as you do, I know.

Heather said...

You're not biased.. he really is fabulous.. well you are biased.. but he's fabulous to all of us!

Sweet boy, I love him!

Kathy’s Korner said...

OK, you have to keep writing. What a cute post. He is one of the 15 (30 most special people on earth!!!!! I love him, too. Keep talking Chase, and singing, and playing, and eating, and praying and reading the Book of Mormon, etc!