Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good Natured Fun

Our neighbors across the street are some serious Aggie fans. We, as you may know, quite prefer the other blue and white team...BYU.

I honestly enjoy being a Cougar fan in Aggie country. The reactions we get are across the board. We endure a lot of ribbing for our choice of affiliation. But, the rivalry we have with our friends across the street, is my most favorite of all.

On the day of the BYU/Aggie football game in the fall, they snuck across the street and hung their game day "A" flag up our flag pole. We made a paper flag of our own with a large "Y" on it and hung it on their porch. They did to our flag what their team did to ours that day. They shredded it. They returned our work of art in a plastic bag...shredded into a million pieces. Sigh.

Late one night, Chase and I snuck onto their porch and dressed the Halloween witch on their porch in one of my very old BYU shirts. It stayed there for two days before they noticed. They were mortified at how long it had been there.

I was delighted.

On the night of the BYU/Aggie basketball game, they made a basketball player out of my old shirt, slapped the name Jimmer on it, and hung it up our flagpole, and hung their "A" game flag across our front door. I laughed.

I laughed even more when we won that night.

I made posters to string on a line with their "A" flag. The posters read:

"Getting beat by BYU must be such a pain in the "A"

A little on the inappropriate side.

Very much on the funny side.







They were such good sports. They left it up for a whole day so the neighbors could see our handiwork.
So nice.
Such good friends.
Go, Cougars!!

1 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Perfect post, so funny! We need to get you a "Y" flag!