Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Onset of Old-Timers

Have you ever felt like you have a blanket of fog over your brain? Sometimes it is just plain hard to think. Christmas stress (should be an oxymoron, but it's not!), a non-stop chattering five-year old and a bought with insomnia, have left me a little bit hazy. My mind will be racing a million miles an hour trying to process everything it's being taxed with, then Chase will jump in there with questions that no well-thinking human being should have to be subjected to. It rattles me and makes me feel old.
This morning, Chase and I were finishing a project for a Christmas present for Daddy. Chase asked me a question that left me like, "Duh, uh, mmm." To sound intelligent and like I could field the question thrown at me, I said, "Well, Chase, I don't know. Let me think about it." To which he responded,

"But you can't think, Mom, remember?"

"What do you mean I can't think, Chase?"

"You can't think anymore, Mom. Remember, you're getting old."

I thought that children were supposed to help keep you young. Not remind you that you are getting old. It's all down hill from here. Heaven help us.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

No it is just a phase you are going through, take it from me, it really does get better, THEN it goes down hill!

Danielle said...

Hey, at least we have something to look forward to, right? Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Sarah Rowley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Rowley said...

I am so glad I am not alone! All my girlfriends my age feel young and I feel like I am losing it half the time!

Birgitta said...

That kid...he is a crack up. :) Personally, I would rather feel old than look like a 15 year old. That right there is my problem (and it's a problem)...people think I'm a teenager with four kids. "poor girl" they say!