Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chaserooni

The birthday bike


Things I love about this boy:

I love that he starts chanting, Oh Dear, when I come at him with tickle fingers blazing

I love that when I stub my toe (50 times a day) that he stops what he is doing and asks if I'm okay

I love that he is in the habit of making his bed every day

I love that he is creative enough to choose popsicles and crayons for costumes, and penguin and gingerbread men for birthday parties

I love that he is crazy enough choose Jamba Juice and Lucky Charms for his birthday dinner

I love that Chase's prayers literally melt your kneecaps

I love the fact that Chase's favorite place to eat out, is my kitchen

I love that he loves me enough that he tries to promise me that he won't grow up and quit being my little boy, then at least telling me that he will love me forever if he accidentally does grow up.

I love that he honestly thinks that getting married will mean abandoning his parents

I love that he is already looking forward to his baptism and saves money in a mission jar

I love that he is my boy and that we have had 5 WONDERFUL years being his parents

We Love You, Chase!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Chase! And the penguin cake is too cute - way to go, mom!

Becky Hansen said...

What a sweetheart!! Wished we could of been there to help celebrate. Happy Birthday Chaser

Heather said...

I love this post! He is SO sweet! What a good, no GREAT son you have.. and nephew I have.

The cake is adorable!!! I love it!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a great post. I love all those things about Chase also. He is truly his mom and dad's boy. So creative and thoughtful and happy!

Kristi said...

So, so sweet! I love this post! Chase is adorable.