Friday, January 27, 2012

Mountain Out of a Mole Hill

I have inherited many a great quality from my family tree. One of them being moles. And lots of them. I can't panic about moles 'cause I'd have an ulcer. So, I have resigned myself to the obvious...make sure they are all behaving themselves, not growing, changing...and definitely...no new ones.

Well, I found a new one.

Before gracing the sweet girls at our bank with my early, early visit, I decided to make myself a little less scary and put on some make-up. As I sat applying my face while belting out to some Little Texas, I saw a speck out of the corner of my eye.

There was a new mole on my ear.

Gulp.

I have to admit, it made my heart skip a beat. I reached up to rub my ear in investigation of this new found speck.

It smeared.

Apparently, some of the Muddy Buddys that I had snuck for breakfast found their way to my ear lobe.

I {heart} my chocolate mole.



What will you let make your day today? ;)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

haha! I've had this happen on my kids. One of them had a chocolate smudge on the middle of their nose. For a split second (before I rubbed it off) I thought it was a really unfortunate place for a freckle. :)

Birgitta said...

haha! funny!

but on a serious note - Jeremy sees a dermatologist every six months for all those reasons. He usually has three or four that get removed because they have changed since the last visit and now look suspicious. It's definitely something to be concerned about!

Heather said...

that's funny.. I am quite concerned about my moles too! I don't have the luxury of having a bald head like Jeremy to easily see what I've got growing there.. but I know I've got some and in the back of my mind I'm worried about them too.

I had a gross one on my neck and when Alaina was a baby I was holding her and she was eating raisins off the counter and she looked at the mole on my neck and tried to get it to EAT it! It looked like her raisins.. needless to say I have since had that one removed.