Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Great To Be Eight



Eight random things I love about this 8-year old:


I love his hands. There is something adorable about his hands; the way they move, the way he expresses himself with them.

I love that he still holds my hand...in public. His principal was agog when he caught Chase not only holding my hand...in the cafeteria, but also sending me off with a kiss and an "I love you"...in front of his friends. The principal told me to cherish that. I do.

I love that he his named after his Grandpa Glenn. I really, REALLY love that.

I love that this boy watched nearly all of the Harry Potter movies, scary parts and all, without even flinching. The only time he covered his face with a blanket? The kissing parts. LOVE that!

I love how you catch him making a crooked "yikes" face when reading family scriptures and he has to say a "bad" word.

I love how he is a perfectly, down-the-middle, fifty-fifty, Even-Steven split between his dad and I. So far, that makes him a shy, Lego-loving, tool-toting, snoring, football-loving carnivore, perfectly blended with the crafty, goofy, outgoing, dramatic, holiday tradition observing extraordinaire, with a pretty great sense of humor. Sounds pretty fabulous...right?

I love to hear him pray. If you have ever heard him pray, you know what I mean.

I love it when he giggles. It seems especially cute when it is done at a most inappropriate time. Darn it.

I love that he is a rule follower. He takes doing what is right pretty seriously...most of the time. Let's be honest. He is a kid. And a boy. 'Nuff said.

I love that there are so many things to love about this boy that I can't stop at eight. There is just too much to love about him. But, most especially, I love that he is MY boy.

I SERIOUSLY love that.

4 comments:

Birgitta said...

I love the list! I learned a thing or two or three! My favorite is your comment about him being fifty-fifty you and Jeff. Cute boy. I can't believe how grown up he looks in his picture. We are glad we got to be there for his baptism. I

Kathy’s Korner said...

Great post! I LOVE to watch his hands too, they are so cute. He really is a good boy you two have done a good job with him. I liked the 50/50 part!

Sylvia said...

I love all you posts about this incredible son of yours.

Kristi said...

He's sooo handsome! And he's got the winning personality to match. Just can believe he's eight though. Time, please slow down.