Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seriously? Seriously!

Not often does my extreme BLUE personality (feels deeply with an extra need to be understood) have a run in with my son's extreme YELLOW personality (the need to find the fun and the party in everything). I have enough of a yellow streak in me that I can find the party well enough to hang with the YELLOWS.

Yesterday, I was not so sure.

After school, Chase and I were doing the whole after school routine and were looking over his newly checked out library books. The one on the Titanic opened up this dialogue:

Oh, good choice, Chase! This next month marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

Really?! When?!

I think it's on the 14th of April.

Are we going to have a party?!!

Well, no. This is not really the type of occaision that sparks a huge need to have a party or anything. It is just more of an neat opportunity to remember what happened.

No, I don't mean a BIG party. I could just invite a couple of friends and we could...bob for apples...or something.





Seriously?

Seriously!


* Folks, let's do remember that he is only 8 years old. Morbid and inappropriate are not part of his personality yet. Just the need to be extremely creative and find the fun in everything. While his sometimes-wise mother finds his humor to be very humorous, she also felt the need to show him the appropriate amount of respect surrounding this event. She is, after all, a very BLUE mother raising a very YELLOW boy.

Which is why she felt the need to give this extra explanation.

It never stops.

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

The need to play and the need to be understood, ahhh, the joys of life!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a funny, funny post. I think his suggestion was very humorous, but the explanation that you felt you had to give after his idea only made it funnier.

Danielle said...

Thanks, Jane, for finding the explanation humorous. I thought it made the humor of the whole post come full circle!